What to do if it is impossible to send an SMS message
- Check if you have a correct message centre number. Message centre number of Bite is +371 25850115, and it has to be saved in your SMS settings depending on the phone model.
- When sending SMS messages to foreign numbers, it is a must to specify the country code (with + or 00 before the country code).
- Check if you have paid your last bill and if the credit limit is not exceeded.
- Check if the format of the text message is set in the SMS parameters.
- Check it in the settings if the SMS messages are not sent via GPRS.
- Check if the phone’s memory is not overloaded with the saved messages.
- Try to enter the receiver’s phone number not choose it from the Contacts.
- Try to restart your phone.
- Sometimes some certain activities are prohibited in the phone. You can check it if that is not the case by putting the SIM card into another handset. If sending of SMS messages is blocked in your phone, you can cancel it if you know the blocking code. Enter the following string of symbols: #35*blocking code# and press OK or call button. Usually the standard blocking code is 0000.
It could also happen that you send the message but the receiver doesn’t get it. Reasons can be various; perhaps the receiver has blocked the incoming messages or simply has switched his or her phone off. If the receiver’s phone is switched off, the message centre will deliver the message as soon as the phone is switched on.