Your handset is always with you where ever you go? Then why don’t you use everything that it can give you?
- Send and receive e-mail,
- use Draugiem.lv, Facebook.com or Twitter.
- listen to music,
- watch video,
- play games and do many more.
All that with internet in your handset only from 1,01 Ls per month!
Purchase internet friendly phone and receive a gift! Internet for your phone 100 MB first month for free!
How much does internet in handset cost?
If you wish to use internet in your handset frequently, connect one of these additional services to any Bite rate plan – “Bite Let’s Talk!”, “Bite Variants” or “Bite 5”.
MB amount included in the monthly fee
Fee after exceeding the MB amount included in the monthly fee
Send a free SMS to 1600 with activation code
Recommended if you have a smartphone
Prices are specified in lats with VAT (22%).
If you have connected one of internet additional services, but you wish to change it for a smaller or bigger data amount, you can order it by sending an SMS as shown above, and the internet additional service will enter in force immediately.
You can cancel the additional service at any time, send SMS with text STOP INTERNETS.
If you need to use internet in your handset only from time to time, and you don’t want to pay a fixed monthly fee, just connect to the internet and use it according to a day rate 0.45 Ls per 24 hours. You don’t have to order or activate the service, you just need to connect to the internet using your handset. For this amount you can use internet without limitations.
Discover your phones world of application
Each smartphone has its application store; Nokia has OVI, the vast range of Android smartphones has AndroidMarket. Just find the respective icon on your smartphone, click on it and choose whatever you want.
• If you have a smartphone with Android operating system
Android Market is the largest and most open app market in the world offering already over 200 000 applications. All smartphones with Android operating system already has Market icon on its menu. Android Market apps can be installed both with smartphone and via computer by visiting https://market.android.com. The only thing you need is a Gmail account. Android Market store enables you to browse the most popular applications conveniently, to search by category and to see your account as well as to download updates for all applications that your Android smartphone has.
• If you have Nokia
Nokia Ovi provides one billion of Nokia smartphone users in the whole world with online services. Ovi services are available from any Nokia smartphone at www.ovi.mobi as well as from a computer with free software Nokia Ovi suite or on the Internet at www.ovi.com. The available services are divided into five groups: games, maps, multimedia, messaging and music.
- "Internet 100 MB", "Internet 500 MB" and "Internet 2 GB" internet additional services are separate services which enter in force from the moment when you order them by SMS, at the outlet or by calling. Every month you’ll have to pay monthly fee for internet in your handset unless you cancel the service. Internet additional services can be cancelled by sending an SMS as shown above or by calling 1601.
- "Bite plus" mobile internet rates are still automatically valid for customers who have joined Bite before 16 June 2010 and who are using mobile internet via "WAP" internet access point name (APN). In order to activate one of new internet additional services, please send a free SMS to 1600 with the following text:
- START DIENA – if you wish to use internet in your handset according to new prices. After sending this SMS the new prices will come into force, and “Bite plus” internet will be no longer available. You’ll have to pay only when you start using the internet.
- START 100 – if you wish to connect 100 MB data service for unlimited period of time,
- START 500 – if you wish to connect 500 MB data service for unlimited period of time.
- START 2GB – if you wish to connect 2 GB data service for unlimited period of time.
- If you are using a day rate and reach 1 GB limit, the internet access will be reduced to 512 kbps.
- The accounting time for "Internet 100 MB", "Internet 500 MB" and "Internet 2 GB" is one calendar month. For example, if you have ordered "Internet 100 MB" in the middle of the month, you will be able to use a half of the monthly limit till the end of the month, i. e. 50 MB. If you exceed this limit, additional data amount will cost 0.03 Ls/MB. The same principle applies if you cancel the service.
- Monthly fee covers only data transfer in Latvia. Here you can find more information about data transfer abroad.
As of July 1, 2010 a data transmission limit of 40 Ls is automatically applied for all Bite postpaid customers for using data transmission services in EU or European Economic Area (EEA) countries. This limit will help you to avoid receiving big bills for data services in EU/EEA countries.
How does it work?
The amount of the limit is set for one month. Your defined limit remains valid until you set a new amount of the limit or cancel the limit at all.
You will receive an SMS-notification when you reach 80% and 100% of the limit. After you have reached the defined limit, data transmission session will be interrupted, but you will be able to use other services, e. g. to call and to send SMS.
Unless it is not defined by your agreement otherwise, you’ll be able to continue using all services including data transmission upon your return to Latvia. As well, data transmission restriction is not applied if after visiting a EU/EEA country you are travelling to a country outside EU/EEA.
How to order?
The standard limit is 40 Ls including VAT. There are also other limits available: 100 Ls or 200 Ls. You can also cancel the limit and continue using internet without restrictions.
You can change or cancel the limit:
- By sending a free SMS to 1604: “L100” or “L200” if you wish to increase the limit up to 100 Ls or 200 Ls respectively. Send “L40” if you wish to change the limit back to 40 Ls. Send “L –” if you wish to cancel the limit. Vodafone Mobile Connect customers can also send a free SMS using their VMC SMS tool.
- By calling a toll-free line 1604.
- Vodafone Mobile Connect users can set and change the limit on http://mansvmc.bite.lv webpage, if they have connected to the internet with the number to which they want the limit to be applied.
Free SMS or free call to 1604 is available only if you are in Latvia or any of the EU/EEA countries. For calls/SMS from other countries you will be charged according to roaming rates valid in a specific country.
By calling a toll-free line 1604 you can also receive information on roaming rates.
After you reach 80% and 100% of the limit, you will be informed about it by SMS.
- If the credit limit defined in your agreement with Bite is lower than the limit for data transmission in EU/EEA countries, then all services will be restricted when you reach the limit defined in your agreement. It means that the services will be no longer available also if the EU/EEA limit is not yet reached.
- The limit is calculated according to Latvian time, GMT +2:00.
- It is possible to reduce the limit for the next billing period.
- The limit is calculated according to standard data roaming tariffs, not taking into consideration the discounts or special rates that you might have, as well as free megabytes included in your rate plan.
EU/EEA limit is not valid in other countries